RE: [I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-12-19

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:10:22 -0000
To: "'Felix Sasaki'" <fsasaki@w3.org>, <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

>    [NEW] ACTION: Richard to add the alverstrand draft to the IRI / IDN
>    article [recorded in
>    [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

I added the following temporary subsection (Michael may well change things):

Further specification work

There are some improvements needed to the specifications for IDN and IRIs,
and these are currently being discussed. For example, there is a need to
extend the range of Unicode characters that can be used in domain names, and
to allow combining characters at the end of labels in right to left scripts.

Since I realized that this didn't actually belong in the same place as the
existing reference to bidi text.

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)