RE: [I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-12-19

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:10:22 -0000
To: "'Felix Sasaki'" <fsasaki@w3.org>, <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

>    [NEW] ACTION: Richard to add the alverstrand draft to the IRI / IDN
>    article [recorded in
>    [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

I added the following temporary subsection (Michael may well change things):

=============
Further specification work

There are some improvements needed to the specifications for IDN and IRIs,
and these are currently being discussed. For example, there is a need to
extend the range of Unicode characters that can be used in domain names, and
to allow combining characters at the end of labels in right to left scripts.
==============

Since I realized that this didn't actually belong in the same place as the
existing reference to bidi text.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead