Re: InkML review: first draft of comments

Hi Richard,

Here are some comments on your comments:

Comment 3: "We strongly recommend that this be replaced with references
to the IETF's BCP 47, which is the current standard for language
values." I would propose to replace "language values" with "language
tags". The values are defined - among others - in ISO standards.
Also: "If people use ISO639" > "If people use values from ISO639"

Comment 4: will you fill this or drop it?

Comment 5: on "It isn't clear whether the script designation applies to
the markup content or to the traces.
Again, this comes for free with BCP 47, which now supports script
subtags as part of a language tag (see Language tags in HTML and XML)."
Do you mean "this comes for free with xml:lang"? If not, better replace
"Again, this" with "Script designation".

Comment 6: "Please consider allowing for such markup on natural language
text such as found in annotations." Maybe you should make clear that we
don't require that such markup is processed by an InkML implementation
itself. It can be processed by an implementation for display,
independent of InkML. I'm proposing this to avoid the pushback we got
from the PLS 1.0 folks.

Comment 7: I really would like to know more about the InkML use case
before we recommend them to always use an time zone offset. Look at our
recommendations at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-timezone-20051013/#d2e382 : There are
three different recommendations for field-based time (the 2nd, 3rd and
4th bullet point). I would point them to these bullet points and say
s.t. like "there are various use cases for field based time. Which one
is yours? You should decide that and accordingly omitt the time zone
offset / always supply it  / supply it if and only if the time value is
really fixed".

Felix

2006-12-18 (月) の 20:31 +0000 に Richard Ishida さんは書きました: