On IDNA issues

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:59:24 +0900
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

I had an action item
[NEW] ACTION: Felix to see what has to be updated on tutorial material
for IDNA issues [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]

I looked at http://www.w3.org/International/articles/idn-and-iri/ and
would propose an addition before (or close to) the heading "Domain
registration":

Note that International Domain Names have some restrictions for
right-to-left scripts. Certain words in languages written with
right-to-left scripts are invalid as IDN labels. [link to
draft-alvestrand-idna-bidi-00], an IETF draft under development,
discusses the issue and proposes some solutions which might lead to
modifications of the RFCs mentioned above (esp. RFC 3454).

I don't think we have to be more detailed here.

Felix