Re: [I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-10-17

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:51:48 +0900
To: Fran├žois Yergeau <francois@yergeau.com>
Cc: public-i18n-core@w3.org

Fran├žois Yergeau wrote:

[snip]

> ACTION: Felix to write a mail about possibility for SVG tiny
> specific IRI tests to martin and the i18n core list [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]
> Still waiting for reply from Chris.

an update on this: I met Chris Lilley at the XSL-FO workshop (workshop
report will follow), and we talked about the tests again. For him it is
important to upload files with non-ascii characters. I will check with
Fumi how to do that (Richard had pinged me a while ago on this too). For
us / Martin it is important to have tests in another format than HTML,
and Chris sad he is very willing to contribute them. So the plan is:
- Chris will send us (i18n core, including Martin) tests or links to
test which we can adapt to use non-ascii characters.
- we will make the IRI tests, give them back to Chris and use them on
our own as well. That is: they will be part of the SVG test suite and of
our IRI-spec test suite.

[snip]

> LC drafts for review
> ====================
> - Content Selection for Device Independence (DISelect) 1.0
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-cselection-20061010/
> no i18n specific stuff
>
> - Delivery Context: XPath Access Functions 1.0
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-cselection-xaf-20061010/
> Potentially issues at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-cselection-xaf-20061010/#sec-units
> We don't see the issues here, need to ask Felix who is not on the call.

The list at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-cselection-xaf-20061010/#sec-units is
closed with respect to the unit types. At the xsl-fo workshop, Jagat /
Justsystem / Anntenna House said for XSL-FO they want to have a type
"q", which is 0.25 mm. My question is if we should ask the DI group to
add this type here.

> - CSS3 Module: Paged Media
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-page-20061010/
> ACTION: RI and FY to review this spec.
>
> - Semantic Annotations for WSDL
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-sawsdl-20060928/
> no i18n specific stuff
>
> - Voice Extensible Markup Language (VoiceXML) 2.1
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-voicexml21-20060915/
> ACTION: RI to review this spec.
>
> - XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xbl-20060907/
> no i18n specific stuff
>
> ACTION: Felix to update the review radar

done. Note that I did not pute VoiceXML 2.1 here, because the official
LC period is other. Richard, what is your timeline for doing this?

Cheers,

Felix