W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > October to December 2006

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-10-17

From: François Yergeau <francois@yergeau.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:19:09 -0700
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
Message-id: <4535108D.9070801@yergeau.com>

Attendees:  Mary, Richard, François

Regrets: Felix

Scribe: François


Minutes 2006-10-10 approved

Review of actions
=================
ACTION: everybody to look for issues in
http://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/ until next call [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]
Ongoing


ACTION: Felix to change the reference to RFC 3987 to "RFC 3987 or
its successor" and go back to Martin [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]
done, Martin agreed with the change at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006OctDec/0006.html
Done.


ACTION: Felix to ping Martin and Mary on the XML Schema issue
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]
Done, no reply yet.


[ONGOING] ACTION: Felix to look for possible participants (esp.
implementors) for the WS i18n work [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]
Still ongoing.  Mary will meet someone today, will ask.


ACTION: Felix to write a mail about possibility for SVG tiny
specific IRI tests to martin and the i18n core list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]
Still waiting for reply from Chris.


ACTION: Francois to give input to wiki for the LTLI summary
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]
No progress.


ACTION: Richard to send his mail on bidi-override scope in
CSS2 and CSS 2.1 to www-international and the style-list, and copy the
BIDI-unicode list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03].
Done.  We've had a reply from Steve Pemberton, awaiting CSS reply.


ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
norm [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04] [End of
minutes]
No progress.


XML Schema WG proposal
======================
We still haven't heard from Martin.

ACTION: François to reply to Schema WG that we are happy with their 
proposal.  This doesn't mean dropping early normalization, just 
recognizing that it cannot be absolutely poerfect and that the Schema 
proposal can therefore be beneficial.


LC drafts for review
====================
- Content Selection for Device Independence (DISelect) 1.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-cselection-20061010/
no i18n specific stuff

- Delivery Context: XPath Access Functions 1.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-cselection-xaf-20061010/
Potentially issues at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-cselection-xaf-20061010/#sec-units
We don't see the issues here, need to ask Felix who is not on the call.

- CSS3 Module: Paged Media
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-page-20061010/
ACTION: RI and FY to review this spec.

- Semantic Annotations for WSDL
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-sawsdl-20060928/
no i18n specific stuff

- Voice Extensible Markup Language (VoiceXML) 2.1
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-voicexml21-20060915/
ACTION: RI to review this spec.

- XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xbl-20060907/
no i18n specific stuff

ACTION: Felix to update the review radar

Richard announces the "Backplane" meeting planned for November in Amsterdam.

Also of note, new version of Uniview supporting Unicode 5.0 and with 
some Ajaxy additions. http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/uniview/


-- 
François
Received on Tuesday, 17 October 2006 17:19:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:51 GMT