W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > July to September 2006

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-09-26

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:10:13 +0900 (JST)
Message-ID: <3623.221.188.47.6.1159283413.squirrel@webmail.w3.mag.keio.ac.jp>
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html and below as
text.

Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n core Working Group

26 Sep 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Sep/0002.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Felix, Francois, Mary, Richard

   Regrets
   Karunesh, Vijay
   Chair
          Francois

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]XSL-FO workshop
         2. [6]action items
         3. [7]XSL-FO requirements workshop in Germany (part 2)
         4. [8]working group naming
         5. [9]next meeting
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

XSL-FO workshop

   Francois: how to give intput to the workshop?

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to find out how to give input on the XSL-FO
   workshop [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]

   <r12a> in germany ?

   <r12a> wish i could go too

   Francois: I would like to give input to the WG, rather than to the
   workshop people

action items

   (minutes from last meeting approved)

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to write a mail about possibility for SVG
   tiny specific IRI tests to martin and the i18n core list (DONE)
   [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]

   see mail from Martin at
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Sep/000
   3.html (member only)

     [13]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Sep/0003.html

   Francois: we just wait for Chris reaction, if he does not react, we
   will follow-up

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to give input to wiki for the LTLI summary
   (PENDING) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to send his reply on xml schema to the
   list (DONE) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]

   See mail at
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006JulSep/
   0172.html

     [16]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006JulSep/0172.html

   (Francois describes the issue)

   Francois: put this on the agenda for next week

   Mary: I will take a look at it

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to send his mail on bidi-override scope in
   CSS2 and CSS 2.1 to www-international and the style-list, and copy
   the BIDI-unicode list (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: all to look at charmod resid test suite and gather
   feedback (PENDING) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]

   Francois: also have this on the agenda for next week

   Felix: better in two weeks, so that we have Richards input

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm (PENDING) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

   <scribe> ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu
   on ws-i18n (DONE) [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]

   Mary: the udates from Mandelieu are still o.k.
   ... we need more participation from other companies in the WS i18n
   work
   ... esp. other implementations from other companies

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to look for possible participants (esp.
   implementors) for the WS i18n work [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]

   Mary: need to put the editors copy on the W3C server

   editors copy is at
   [22]http://www.w3.org/International/core/ws-i18n/ws-i18n.html

     [22] http://www.w3.org/International/core/ws-i18n/ws-i18n.html

   discussion on the status of the relation between policy framework
   and ws-i18n

   Francois: would be good to have one document with clearly separated
   parts, one on policy, one on the i18n specific issues

   Felix: Mary, have you worked on policy assertions for i18n?

   Mary: not so far. But is easy to get started with it

   Discussion on the difference between "domain-specific" versus "not
   domain-specific" in the policy framework

XSL-FO requirements workshop in Germany (part 2)

   workshop HP at [23]http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/2006-Workshop/

     [23] http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/2006-Workshop/

   Francois: international requirements are a good thing for XSL-FO

   Felix: do you think there is interest in the workshop from India?

   Richard: maybe

   Francois: there have been announcements

working group naming

   Richard: Philippe Le Hegaret is happy with the core charter and the
   character model charter
   ... the ws-i18n charter needs more discussion
   ... we will recharter before the end of the year or before
   ... the current naming is:
   ... "core" for comments and former GEO activities
   ... "Web Services Internationalization Working Group" for ws i18n
   ... and the third group for character model
   ... the question is how to name the third group or possibly the
   other groups
   ... the third groups would be for spec work, initially charmod. How
   should we call it?
   ... "architecture WG", "i18n infrastructure WG", "i18n deployment
   WG", ...

   (discussion on the meaning of the term "core" - a group for spec
   writing or review / education?)

   (Richard would like to name the charmod WG not too specific, to be
   able to reuse the name)

   Francois: I would prefer "infrastructure" WG

   Richard: i18n development WG

next meeting

   Richard will be absent next week

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to find out how to give input on the XSL-FO
   workshop [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to look for possible participants (esp.
   implementors) for the WS i18n work [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]

   [PENDING] ACTION: all to look at charmod resid test suite and gather
   feedback [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Francois to give input to wiki for the LTLI
   summary [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Richard to send his mail on bidi-override scope in
   CSS2 and CSS 2.1 to www-international and the style-list, and copy
   the BIDI-unicode list [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to write a mail about possibility for SVG tiny
   specific IRI tests to martin and the i18n core list [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: Francois to send his reply on xml schema to the list
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]
   [DONE] ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu on
   ws-i18n [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/09/26 15:08:42 $

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 26 September 2006 15:10:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:51 GMT