From: public-i18n-its-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-its-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Richard Ishida
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 1:09 PM
To: 'Felix Sasaki'
Cc: www-i18n-comments@w3.org; public-i18n-core@w3.org; public-i18n-its@w3.org
Subject: RE: [Comment on ITS WD] xml:lang = language info, please

Personal comment:

"Applying the language information data category to xml:lang attributes using global rules is not necessary, since xml:lang is
already defined in terms of [RFC 4646]."

Strictly speaking xml is defined in terms of RFC 3066 or its successor.  It may be better to say "in terms of [BCP 47]" at this
location.  If not, you should add, or it's successor.  (Bear in mind that RFC 4646bis is just around the corner, relatively
speaking.)

RI