From: public-i18n-its-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-its-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Richard Ishida
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 12:56 PM
To: 'Felix Sasaki'; public-i18n-its@w3.org
Cc: www-i18n-comments@w3.org; public-i18n-core@w3.org
Subject: RE: [Comment on ITS WD] Avoid xml:lang='he'

Actually this is not a good example, since no dir markup is needed for this quote.  The bidirectional algorithm will simply take
care of it, so adding the markup is not appropriate.  What you really need is a quote that mixes Hebrew and English, such as the
quote I suggested at http://people.w3.org/rishida/articles/phrases#reach (meaning Internationalization Activity, W3C).

As it stands, this is is doing something we recommend against in the GEO bidi best practises.

RI