W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > July to September 2006

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-07-04

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 23:44:50 +0900
Message-ID: <44AA7EE2.4010707@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html and below
as text.


- Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n core working group

4 Jul 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Jul/0002.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Felix, Francois, Richard

   Regrets
          Karunesh, Mary, Vijay

   Chair
          Francois

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]rechartering preparation - any news?
         3. [7]possible review target
         4. [8]ITS review - offical?
         5. [9]other business
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   last minutes are at
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/27-i18ncore-minutes

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2006/06/27-i18ncore-minutes

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Everybody to look at input mode discussion, see
   Martin's mail (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]

   Francois: Richard's action item was done

   <scribe> ACTION: all to look at charmod resid test suite and gather
   feedback (PENDING) [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to find out how we should handle ws-i18n
   policy now (PENDING) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm (PENDING) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Mary to review [16]http://www.w3.org/TR/its/ after
   18 May before 30 June (DONE) [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/its/

   <scribe> ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu
   on ws-i18n (PENDING) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to create a wiki on "first letter", post a
   blog and write a mail to the Unicode list about it (PENDING)
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to summarize the current discussion on LTLI
   (PENDING) [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]

rechartering preparation - any news?

   Richard: started to draft some charters today
   ... will do more tomorrow

   Felix: if you need any help, just ping me

   Richard: thanks

possible review target

   [21]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-webcgm20-20060623/

     [21] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-webcgm20-20060623/

   Francois: it is about graphics

   Richard: one comment might be "what does CGM mean?"

   <title> OASIS CGMO specification - WebCGM2.0 - Introduction to
   WebCGM</title>

   [22]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-webcgm20-20060623/WebCGM20-TOC.html

     [22] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-webcgm20-20060623/WebCGM20-TOC.html

   [23]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-webcgm20-20060623/WebCGM20-Intro.ht
   ml#norm-ref

     [23]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-webcgm20-20060623/WebCGM20-Intro.html#norm-ref

   Felix: see the reference to Unicode
   ... they reference to Unicode and Unicode 4.01
   ... I don't know why

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to have a closer look at webcgm [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]

   Richard: linking between / in chapters is strange as well

ITS review - offical?

   see Mary's comments
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Jul/000
   0.html

     [25]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Jul/0000.html

   Felix: Richard is making comments as well
   ... should they be offical i18n core comments?

   Richard: the spell checker did not get everything

   Felix: I use WORD for spell checking

   Richard: maybe XMetal is working better

   Felix: I will give it a try

   Francois: Mary's comments are all editorial, so it does not make
   sense to make them official
   ... it creates work load to the WG

   Richard: I have a lot of editorial comments
   ... some of them are just nits
   ... so I could send in a bunch of my editorial nits on my own

   Felix: sounds good to me

   Francois: let's not make one comment for each nit
   ... only a bunch of useful suggestions

   Richard: how should I send them in?

   Felix: in bunches, the way you have them

   Richard: o.k.

   Felix: are there any substantial comments?

   Richard: as for translatability
   ... there is nothing which talkes abou the default

   Felix: we need to make that explicit, we had a similar comment as
   well, also about the "ltr" default for directionality

   Richard: good
   ... Do you see other comments which are substantial, which would
   force you back to WD?

   Felix: none except the ones one namespace binding and XHTML
   Modularization

   Richard: currently I don't see anything else serious

   <r12a> yet

   Felix: we hope to go to CR, maybe even directly to PR

other business

   Felix: will be away next week

   Francois: I will send out the agenda next week

   Felix: FYI: in two weeks we will talk about LTLI again (Mark will
   join)

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to have a closer look at webcgm [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]

   [PENDING] ACTION: all to look at charmod resid test suite and gather
   feedback [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Everybody to look at input mode discussion, see
   Martin's mail [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to find out how we should handle ws-i18n
   policy now [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to summarize the current discussion on LTLI
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu
   on ws-i18n [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Richard to create a wiki on "first letter", post a
   blog and write a mail to the Unicode list about it [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

   [DONE] ACTION: Mary to review [34]http://www.w3.org/TR/its/ after 18
   May before 30 June [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/TR/its/

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [36]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([37]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/07/04 14:42:53 $

     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


Received on Tuesday, 4 July 2006 14:45:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:51 GMT