W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > January to March 2006

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-03-28

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:43:56 +0900
Message-ID: <442967CC.4040600@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
.. at http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html

and below as text.

- Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n core working group

28 Mar 2006

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Felix, Francois, Mary, Richard

   Regrets
          Karunesh, Vijay

   Chair
          Francois

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]action items
         2. [5]WS Addr review
         3. [6]XML Schema data types review
         4. [7]charmod resid update
         5. [8]meeting time scheduling
         6. [9]other business?
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   last minutes: [11]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to obtain a status update from Martin by next
   week (DONE) [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on
   charmod-norm (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu
   on ws i18n (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]

   Mary: question:
   ... what else do we need to do ?
   ... if we think we have two docs: the data stream and the policy
   document
   ... for the ws-i18n draft (about the data stream), do we need test
   cases?

   Francois: what would these specs say?

   Felix: would there be s.t. testable in the ws-i18n draft?

   Mary: it would just show the header
   ... but not specify how you decide from your service / your produces
   that this is the content should be
   ... the other doc (ws policy) would be how you determine the content

   Francois: so the data stream seems to be more testable to me
   ... is it possible to do it in one doc?

   Mary: the security policy has the framework
   ... security policy is separate from the security spec

   Francois: sure, I'm just wondering if it needs two documents
   ... or if we could have one doc with various sections
   ... would be easier for publication

   Mary: we should do that
   ... well, I need to talk to the policy people

   Francois: it may be easier to talk to people with s.t. published or
   close to published

   Mary: I'll finish the update we did
   ... turn out everything which refers to features and properties
   ... and replace it with "s.t." about policy

   Francois: what's policy right now? Oasis?

   Mary: I don't know. There's ws policy framework
   ... then the security, which is analogous to what we do
   ... i.e. it sits under the framework
   ... I heard that IBM people would try to get chartered as a policy
   WG

   Francois: so we do the updates, and put at least place holder in the
   doc

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to go trough LTLI within the next 2 weeks, to
   make it ready for first publication (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]

   Felix: will present s.t. next meeting

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to go through the xml:lang CDR review issue
   and decide whether we should continue discussion (PENDING) [recorded
   in [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

   felix: the CDR WG says they want to have an answer until next week

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to send out the PLS comments (DONE)
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]

WS Addr review

   Mary: I'd like to do it, but until Thursday is not enough time

   <scribe> ACTION: Mary to look at WS Addr, Felix to ask WG for an
   review extension until next week tuesday [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

XML Schema data types review

   Francois: I'll do it at the beginning of this afternoon, and send
   mail to our WG
   ... if there is no objection, we don't need to wait until next
   Tuesday

charmod resid update

   Francois: we need s.t. like an implementation report
   ... the usual thing for exiting CR

   Felix: a timeline?

   Francois: would be good
   ... if the test suite would be ready in some weeks, it would be good

   Felix: the student is finished now, Martin will continue the work

   Francois: how about hosting?
   ... we need a stable host

   Richard: w3c site?

   Francois: would be ideal
   ... but we mainly need a stable host
   ... if Martin can gurantee that, that would be great

   Felix: the tests have to be on different OS based servers as well,
   maybe easier for Martin to update

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to talk to Martin on IRI tests: what are
   requirements for hosting? [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]

   Felix: tbd tomorrow

   Francois: difficult: at w3c site, various OS is difficult, at
   Martin's place, stability is a problem

meeting time scheduling

   Francois: Richard has changed this week to DST, I will change next
   week
   ... agreement on one hour earlier?

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to make regular call 1 hour earlier (talk to
   zakim) [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]

other business?

   Richard: I'll go to the voice browser WG meeting in Greece

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to make regular call 1 hour earlier (talk to
   zakim) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to talk to Martin on IRI tests: what are
   requirements for hosting? [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Mary to look at WS Addr, Felix to ask WG for an review
   extension until next week tuesday [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

   [PENDING] ACTION: felix to go trough LTLI within the next 2 weeks,
   to make it ready for first publication [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on
   charmod-norm [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu
   on ws i18n [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Richard to go through the xml:lang CDR review
   issue and decide whether we should continue discussion [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to obtain a status update from Martin by next
   week [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Richard to send out the PLS comments [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]
   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([31]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/03/28 16:42:00 $

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


Received on Tuesday, 28 March 2006 16:44:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT