W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > January to March 2006

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-03-21

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:04:32 +0900
Message-ID: <4420E8F0.1080203@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Hi all,

The minutes of yesterdays call are at
http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html
and below as text.

- Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n core working group

21 Mar 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006JanMar/0259.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Felix, Mary, Richard

   Regrets
          Francois

   Chair
          Felix

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Action items
         2. [6]xml:lang PROPAGATION in CDR
         3. [7]PLS review
         4. [8]review radar
         5. [9]LTLI update
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu.
   (PENDING) [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to obtain a status update from Martin by next
   week. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on
   charmod-norm (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to forward XLSTs to Francois to produce
   issues list. (DONE) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to review meeting notes and draft
   appropriate comments on xml schema (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to ask for a short extension for PLS
   review. (DONE) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard and Felix to coordinate on producing the
   comments from PLS (DONE) [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

xml:lang PROPAGATION in CDR

   felix summarizes the current state of the discussion

   Richard: what happens if an external document has no language
   information?

   Felix: there is no language information available

   > <html lang="en-US" xml:lang="en-US">

   > ...

   > <p>Page with English text...</p>

   > ...

   > <iframe src="[18]http://www.lemonde.fr/" />

     [18] http://www.lemonde.fr/

   > ...

   > </html>

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to go through the xml:lang CDR review issue
   and decide whether we should continue discussion or drop the comment
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]

PLS review

   [20]http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0603-pls10/

     [20] http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0603-pls10/

   mary: a question:
   ... where was a comment on "italian in italy" versus "italin"
   ... is pronounciation different?

   Richard: could be

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to send out the PLS comments [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]

review radar

   [22]http://www.w3.org/International/core/reviews

     [22] http://www.w3.org/International/core/reviews

   Mary: I'll look at that

LTLI update

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to go trough LTLI within the next 2 weeks, to
   make it ready for first publication [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action10]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: felix to go trough LTLI within the next 2 weeks, to
   make it ready for first publication [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Richard to go through the xml:lang CDR review issue
   and decide whether we should continue discussion or drop the comment
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Richard to send out the PLS comments [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to obtain a status update from Martin by
   next week. [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on
   charmod-norm [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Francois to review meeting notes and draft
   appropriate comments on xml schema [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu.
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]

   [DONE] ACTION: Francois to ask for a short extension for PLS review.
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]
   [DONE] ACTION: Richard and Felix to coordinate on producing the
   comments from PLS [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]
   [DONE] ACTION: Richard to forward XLSTs to Francois to produce
   issues list. [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [34]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([35]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/03/22 06:02:51 $

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


Received on Wednesday, 22 March 2006 06:04:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT