Re: mapping of XML names into programming language

Hi Paul, all,

We discussed this problem at the i18n core call yesterday. The group saw
the same problems with a romanization which Martin and me had mentioned
before. Francois Yergeau proposed to use an XML like escaping mechanism
(see http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#dt-charref ):
[66]    CharRef    ::=    '&#' [0-9]+ ';'
   | '&#x' [0-9a-fA-F]+ ';'
I guess you cannot use '&#' at the beginning of your usage scenario, but
if you define s.t. else as a "marker" for the beginning of a character
references, that would be fine I think.
This solution would of course be reversible.
Would that solve your problems?

Regards, Felix.