Re: I18n comment: default attribute handling

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:26:10 +0000 (UTC)
To: ishida@w3.org
Cc: www-style@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 ishida@w3.org wrote:

> Comment: Your requirements for handling of default attributes
> corresponds to a non-validating XML processor, which you might make
> explicit. See XML conformance level
> [http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#proc-types] .

This is an official comment on behalf of the CSS working group.

The requirement is the spec doesn't require a non-validating XML
processor; the spec allows both interpreting and not interpreting the
external subset.

However, I have added "This corresponds to the behaviour of non-validating
processors as defined by the XML specification." to the note in section
6.3.4.

Please let us know if this does not satisfy your request.