W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > January to March 2006

i18n core working group minutes 2006-01-17

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:35:42 +0900
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.s3j1lscbx1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec>

Hi all,

The minutes of yesterday's call are at

http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html

and below as text.

Regards, Felix.


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                         i18n core working group

17 Jan 2006

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Felix, Francois, Richard

    Regrets
           Mary

    Chair
           Francois

    Scribe
           Felix

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]action items
          2. [5]review radar update:
             http://www.w3.org/International/core/reviews
          3. [6]"WG" column in review table
          4. [7]CSS selector review:
             http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-css3-selectors
             /
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

action items

    [9]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#ActionSummary

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#ActionSummary

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to ask addison for preparations for meetings
    with ws folks (ONGOING) [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    felix: sent a mail to ap, waiting for answer

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to ask Mobile Web Best Practices Working
    Group about status of the MWBP 1.0 (DONE) [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    reply:
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Jan/002
    8.html

      [12]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Jan/0028.html

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to contact Moataz about HP replacement and
    technical plenary participation (ONGOING) [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    felix: sent a mail, no answer yet

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to fix review history page (mathml link,
    alphabetic order)(DONE) [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to review css selectors (DONE) [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

    felix: done by richard and felix

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to review the WICD specs before next telecon
    (PENDING) [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

    felix: I'll do that before end of the week

    <scribe> ACTION: francois to go through
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/00
    03.html (PENDING) [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

      [17]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/0003.html

    felix: we thought of doing the qt comments first (adding the to the
    table, look for dublicates later)

    <scribe> ACTION: all to look at new comments from QT on charmod
    norm, see
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2006Jan/00
    00.html [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action08]

      [19]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2006Jan/0000.html

    <scribe> ACTION: francois to review the proposal is to eliminate
    overriding of bidi mirroring (PENDING) [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action09]

    <scribe> ACTION: ri to contact the math ml people about having a
    version of the math ml note which we can point to (DONE) [recorded
    in [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action10]

review radar update: [23]http://www.w3.org/International/core/reviews

      [23] http://www.w3.org/International/core/reviews

    Francois: If we review XMPP-IRI, the bidi mirror review should be
    here too

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to put bidi mirror on review radar [recorded
    in [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action11]

    felix: two changes: XMPP-IRI, and MWIBP is now a last call WD

"WG" column in review table

    We decided to have a column in review tables called "wg" (working
    group). See
    [25]http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-css3-selectors/ by
    Richard as an example. If a comment is agreed upon by the working
    group, that will be marked in this table. All substantial comments
    which are not agreed upon are dropped and will be sent by the
    reviewer individually.

      [25] http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-css3-selectors/

CSS selector review:
[26]http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-css3-selectors/

      [26] http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-css3-selectors/

    we are going only through substantial comments in detail

    comment 2

    francois: make this an editorial comment, to distingish the css type
    from the xml schema type
    ... css type is just the element name

    comment 4

    all agree on that comment

    comment 5

    keep this comment

    comment 6

    <fyergeau> change this comment to:

    <fyergeau> "In 6.1.1, it should be made clear that the styling
    language (e.g. CSS) must provide a prefix binding mechanism"

    <fyergeau>"it is also unclear what effect, if any, namespace
    declarations in the document being styled have on prefixes used in
    the stylesheet"

    <r12a> add another comment: this document, from the title appears to
    be about CSS specifically, not a generic styling language, so the
    text in 6.1.1 for example seems strange

    <r12a> eg. "he mechanism for declaring a namespace prefix is left up
    to the language implementing Selectors. In CSS, such a mechanism
    ..."

    make this new comment which replaces comment 3 (now substantial)

    <r12a> another comment: please add a link to the Syntax document,
    and make it a dependency

    comment 8

    <r12a> "best common practice" shoud be "best current practice"

    <r12a> need to find a stable uri to bcp47, rather than point to 3066

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to find a stable uri to bcp47, rather than
    point to 3066 [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action12]

    comment 11

    keep this comment, felix to give an example

    comment 14

    we will arrange another call

    <scribe> ACTION: continue the discussion of open topics next week
    [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action13]

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: all to look at new comments from QT on charmod norm,
    see
    [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2006Jan/00
    00.html [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to find a stable uri to bcp47, rather than point
    to 3066 [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action12]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to put bidi mirror on review radar [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action11]
    [NEW] ACTION: continue the discussion of open topics next week
    [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action13]
    [PENDING] ACTION: felix to ask addison for preparations for meetings
    with ws folks [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to contact Moataz about HP replacement and
    technical plenary participation [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [PENDING] ACTION: felix to review the WICD specs before next telecon
    [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
    [PENDING] ACTION: francois to go through
    [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/00
    03.html [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action07]
    [PENDING] ACTION: francois to review The proposal is to eliminate
    overriding of bidi mirroring [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action09]

      [29]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2006Jan/0000.html
      [37]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/0003.html

    [DONE] ACTION: felix to ask Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group
    about status of the MWBP 1.0 [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [DONE] ACTION: felix to fix review history page (mathml link,
    alphabetic order) [recorded in
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [DONE] ACTION: felix to review css selectors [recorded in
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [DONE] ACTION: ri to contact the math ml people about having a
    version of the math ml note which we can point to [recorded in
    [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/17-i18n-minutes.html#action10]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [44]scribe.perl version 1.127
     ([45]CVS log)
     $Date: 2006/01/18 03:32:36 $

      [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 18 January 2006 03:35:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT