W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > January to March 2006

Minutes i18n core 2006-01-10

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:58:18 +0900
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.s266rgx4x1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec.mag.keio.ac.jp>

Hi all,

The minutes of yesterday's call are at

http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html

and below. Regards, Felix.



    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                         i18n core working group

10 Jan 2006

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Felix, Francois, Mary, Richard

    Regrets
    Chair
           Francois

    Scribe
           Felix

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]call last week
          2. [5]upcoming reviews
          3. [6]charmod norm new comment(s)
          4. [7]f2f at technical plenary
          5. [8]ws-i18n
          6. [9]other business?
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

call last week

    francois: we talked about agenda items

upcoming reviews

    francois: we have the reviews on
    [11]http://www.w3.org/International/core/reviews
    ... and the unicode bidi stuff

      [11] http://www.w3.org/International/core/reviews

    felix: I will pick up selectors

    francois: a potential issue can be language

    <r12a> specifically :lang

    francois: and s.t. else about language specific select
    ... there is an operator which is meant to pick up a subset defining
    language items

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to review css selectors until tomorrow, wait
    for feedback from the wg, sent the comments on monday next week
    [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    francois: WICD

    "Web Integration Compound Document"

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to review the WICD specs before next teleconf
    [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <r12a> also in selectors: "[att|=val]

    <r12a> Represents an element with the att attribute, its value
    either being exactly "val" or beginning with "val" immediately
    followed by "-" (U+002D). This is primarily intended to allow
    language subcode matches (e.g., the hreflang attribute on the link
    element in HTML) as described in RFC 3066 ([RFC3066]). For lang (or
    xml:lang) language subcode matching, please see the :lang
    pseudo-class.

    ri: one should have a look for inheritance difference. there is
    inheritance in :lang, but not in the stuff I just pasted in.

    <r12a> felix, this may be helpful:
    [14]http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-css-lang#inheritanc
    e

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-css-lang#inheritance

    thanks!

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to ask Mobile Web Best Practices Working
    Group about what
    [15]http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-mobile-bp-20051017/ will be (note?
    rec-track?) and about timing for comments [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-mobile-bp-20051017/

    francois: in addition, Unicode review issue, see
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Jan/000
    4.html

      [17]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Jan/0004.html

    <scribe> ACTION: francois to review The proposal is to eliminate
    overriding of bidi mirroring [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <r12a> for francois:
    [19]http://www.w3.org/Math/Group/Notes/draft-notes/arabic.xhtml#Mirr
    oringProposal

      [19]  
http://www.w3.org/Math/Group/Notes/draft-notes/arabic.xhtml#MirroringProposal

    <r12a> you'll need to read elsewhere in the document for the actual
    examples though, francois

charmod norm new comment(s)

    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/00
    03.html

      [20]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/0003.html

    felix: from Jim Melton
    ... we have to go through these comments at some point

    ri: we have to go through the old last call comments and see if
    there are dublicates in this

    <scribe> ACTION: francois to go through
    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/00
    03.html and old last call comments and look for dublicates, felix to
    ask Jim Melton about the relation between the old and the new
    comments [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

      [21]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/0003.html

f2f at technical plenary

    francois: I will be at the tech plenary

    Mary: me too

    felix: me too
    ... Moataz will give us a replacement from HP, I will check details
    about the HP participation

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to contact Moataz about HP replacement and
    technical plenary participation [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

    ri: Kirian Snyder is now more in a kind of management role

    mary: she is very knowledgeable

    ri: as for the agenda for technical plenary, charmod-norm would be a
    good canidate
    ... how about meeting ITS

    felix: I am not sure if ITS will have a f2f

    francois: I will draw an agenda for the f2f
    ... group meetings are also related to reviews

    felix: how about meeting CSS for vertical text, and ws folks for
    ws-i18n?

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to ask addison for preparations for meetings
    with ws folks [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

    <fyergeau> [25]http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/

      [25] http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/

    ri: [26]http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0512-arabic-mathml/
    is not a note yet
    ... we should have a link to the
    [27]http://www.w3.org/Math/Group/Notes/draft-notes/arabic.xhtml (not
    public page)
    ... the page should be ordered by title

      [26] http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0512-arabic-mathml/
      [27] http://www.w3.org/Math/Group/Notes/draft-notes/arabic.xhtml

    francois: how about review order in time?

    ri: it is difficult if we have several reviews
    ... the problem is that they just override the document, without
    changing the date

    can you see this:
    [28]http://cvs.w3.org/Team/~checkout~/WWW/Math/Group/Notes/draft-not
    es/arabic.xhtml?rev=1.31&content-type=text/html

      [28]  
http://cvs.w3.org/Team/~checkout~/WWW/Math/Group/Notes/draft-notes/arabic.xhtml?rev=1.31&content-type=text/html

    ri: we could ask the mathml folks to create a version which we could
    point to

    <scribe> ACTION: ri to contact the math ml people about having a
    version of the math ml note which we can point to [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action08]

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to fix review history page (mathml link,
    alphabetic order) [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action09]

ws-i18n

    mary: Sorry, not prepared this week

    <scribe> ACTION: all to continue ws-i18n next week? [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action10]

other business?

    no

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: all to continue ws-i18n next week? [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action10]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to ask addison for preparations for meetings
    with ws folks [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to ask Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group
    about what [34]http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-mobile-bp-20051017/ will
    be (note? rec-track?) and about timing for comments [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Felix to contact Moataz about HP replacement and
    technical plenary participation [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to fix review history page (mathml link,
    alphabetic order) [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action09]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to review css selectors until tomorrow, wait for
    feedback from the wg, sent the comments on monday next week
    [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to review the WICD specs before next teleconf
    [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: francois to go through
    [40]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/00
    03.html and old last call comments and look for dublicates, felix to
    ask Jim Melton about the relation between the old and the new
    comments [recorded in
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: francois to review The proposal is to eliminate
    overriding of bidi mirroring [recorded in
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: ri to contact the math ml people about having a
    version of the math ml note which we can point to [recorded in
    [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/10-i18n-minutes.html#action08]

      [34] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-mobile-bp-20051017/
      [40]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2005Dec/0003.html

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [44]scribe.perl version 1.127
     ([45]CVS log)
     $Date: 2006/01/11 04:56:19 $

      [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 11 January 2006 04:58:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT