W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > April to June 2006

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-05-02

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 00:29:33 +0900
Message-ID: <44577ADD.3080405@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html

and below as text.

- Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n core working group

2 May 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006May/0000.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Felix, Francois, Karunesh, Mary, Richard, Vijay

   Regrets
   Chair
          Francois

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]IRI and charmod norm progress
         3. [7]LTLI progress
         4. [8]MWBP comments
         5. [9]should we send in these comments?
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Ap
            r/0032.html
         6. [10]other business?
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   previous minutes at
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006AprJun/
   0028.html

     [12]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006AprJun/0028.html

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to find out where the tests from Martin are
   (PENDING) [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]

   francois: Martin did not approve to make them public yet
   ... I will ping Martin

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm (PENDING) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]

   <r12a> ACTION: francois, ping Martin about when we can make the
   tests public [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]

   <scribe> ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu
   on ws i18n (PENDING) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]

IRI and charmod norm progress

   francois: would you have bandwith to update the charmod norm issues
   list?

   richard: currently not

   francois: so I'll look at it later this months

   <scribe> ACTION: all to look at charmod resid test suite and gather
   feedback [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

   Richard: are there instructions on how the tests should be run?

   Francois: they are supposed to be self explaining

   felix: there is a bachelor thesis about the tests

LTLI progress

   ltli latest editor's draft:
   [18]http://www.w3.org/International/core/langtags/

     [18] http://www.w3.org/International/core/langtags/

   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006AprJun/
   0030.html

     [19]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006AprJun/0030.html

   felix: from Addison, proposes conformance criteria for LTLI
   ... describes the conformance critera proposed from Addison

   richard: why not using xml:lang for locale?

   francois: xml:lang should not be used for locale, is the message
   ... the word "MUST NOT use" is not very precise
   ... it should say e.g. "specifications must not specify that
   xml:lang specifies locale"

   richard: process question: Addison has not agreed to the patent
   policy?

   mary: these are public comments, so is there a problem?

   richard: you have to contact the people who make the comments
   ... we have to get back to plh to make sure that there is no patent
   issue here

   mary: I don't think that there's a problem

   richard: we have to be careful
   ... let's take the examples to plh and say "these are basic ideas we
   would have had anyway" and see if it is an issue

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check that Addisons comments are o.k. with
   regard to patent policy [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06a]

   francois: where are other comments?

   in the member list comments from Martin:
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/003
   8.html

     [21]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0038.html

   felix: could you all give me feedback on the document?

   francois: sure

   <scribe> ACTION: all to give feedback on the LTLI draft (editor's
   copy [22]http://www.w3.org/International/core/langtags/) recorded
   in [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06b]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/International/core/langtags/

   richard: the conformance section should say what you have to do to
   be conformant, but not have all conformance section

   felix: could it be like charmod-resid
   ... "3 Character Encoding in Resource Identifiers"
   ... would LTLI to be structured in the same way?
   ... do you think that there should be s.t. else in the document than
   the conformance criteria?

   francois: could be structured like charmod-resid
   ... resid puts the rfc 2119 into sec. 2 "conformance", that's it
   ... in the next section, you make the definitions

   felix: looks good to me

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to make restructuring of the LTLI conformance
   section [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

   francois: there was an interesting comments from Mark Davis

MWBP comments

   felix: I brought one comment back to them:
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006AprJun/
   0034.html

     [25]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006AprJun/0034.html

   francois: we said "make explicit if a link is to something in
   another language"
   ... they said "this has no mobile specific interpretation", which
   was an answer to many comments
   ... we did agree with them in many cases, but not here
   ... do you agree to insist on that?

   Richard: o.k.

   <scribe> new last call WD of MWBP 1.0:
   [26]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-mobile-bp-20060412/

     [26] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-mobile-bp-20060412/

   felix: if you want to reply to other responses, please send a mail
   until tomorrow

   <fyergeau>
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/003
   2.html

     [27]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0032.html

should we send in these comments?
[28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0032.h
tml

     [28]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0032.html

   felix: do you see an issues with Mark's proposals to update UAX 15?

   everybody looking at Marks mail

   Francois: Martin's comments are interesting

   Felix: should we send them as working group comments?

   Francois: let's send them in as working group comments
   ... send them in as the liasion to Unicode

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to send in the comments from Martin on Mark's
   UAX 15 revision proposal to Unicode [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]

other business?

   richard: maybe we will have to do wcag comments soon, I'll check and
   come back later

   [30]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WCAG20-20060427/

     [30] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WCAG20-20060427/

   felix: I'll update the review radar

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: all to look at charmod resid test suite and gather
   feedback [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to check that Addisons comments are o.k. with
   regard to patent policy [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06a]
   [NEW]ACTION: all to give feedback on the LTLI draft (editor's copy
   [33]http://www.w3.org/International/core/langtags/) recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06b]
   [NEW] ACTION: felix to make restructuring of the LTLI conformance
   section [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to send in the comments from Martin on Mark's
   UAX 15 revision proposal to Unicode [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: francois, ping Martin about when we can make the tests
   public [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/International/core/langtags/

   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix to find out where the tests from Martin are
   [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu
   on ws i18n [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [41]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([42]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/05/02 15:25:18 $

     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Tuesday, 2 May 2006 15:29:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT