W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > July to September 2005

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2005-08-30

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:00:10 +0900
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.swbv2kusx1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec>
Hi all,

The I18N Core Teleconference Minutes 2005-08-30 are at

http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html

And attached to this mail.

Best,

Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                            I18N Core Working Group

30 Aug 2005

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Francois, Moataz, Felix, Addisson, Mary

   Regrets: Richard
   Chair
          Addisson

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action Items
         2. [5]Vote about publication of WSi18n Working Draft
         3. [6]Action items (continued)
         4. [7]Ltli
         5. [8]IRI
         6. [9]XSL comments
         7. [10]Next week
     * [11]Summary of Action Items

     _________________________________________________________________

   last minutes: [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/23-i18n-minutes.html

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/23-i18n-minutes.html

Action Items

   List of action items:

   * All to read
   [13]http://www.w3.org/International/core/ws-i18n/ws-i18n.html to be
   able to vote about publishing next week

     [13] http://www.w3.org/International/core/ws-i18n/ws-i18n.html

   * FS to start preparation for publishing the ws-i18n document after
   the vote ASAP

   * FS to create a shell document for LangLoc

   * AP to ping Francois about charmod norm

   * AP to contact Martin about charmod resid

   * FS to check the public TAG list for comments on uri-guidelines

   * FS to clear up XLink 1.1. comments and to send them to the wg

   * FS to create a wiki on xml:lang. Purpose: to express an official
   position of the i18n core wg

   * All to have a look at [14]http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone
   until Friday and give comments.

     [14] http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone

   Moataz: comment on the draft:
   ... I did not know the history
   ... maybe we need more examples, more information about the solution

   AP: Today we will vote about a first working draft
   ... the final version will have a lot more examples
   ... the history of this is the web services task force and its
   document
   ... only Mary and I (on this call) worked on them
   ... this WD is a document I wrote as a trial ballon

   Moataz: If it is just a draft, it is o.k., we can add examples later

   Francois: Status section has to be changed
   ... should point out that it is a first wd
   ... we can vote today, any editorial changes can be done for the
   publication preparation

   Mary: It will take some time to get XMetal
   ... I am now looking at another one
   ... i.e. another tool

   <scribe> ACTION: AP to edit the changes and sent it to FS (until
   Thursday) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

Vote about publication of WSi18n Working Draft

   AP: Any objections?

   no objections, let's publish

Action item(continued)

   <scribe> ACTION: FS to create a shell document for LangLoc (PENDING)
   [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: AP to ping Francois about charmod norm [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

   Francois: Have done some editing, not uploaded yet
   ... until next week, I will have something to show

   AP: Great

   <scribe> ACTION: AP to contact Martin about charmod resid [PENDING]
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: FS to check the public TAG list for comments on
   uri-guidelines (DONE) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Aug/0023.
   html

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Aug/0023.html

   AP: Had everybody a chance to look at the mail?
   ... Would you object to have it as offical comments?
   ... no objections,

   <scribe> ACTION: FS to clear up XLink 1.1. comments and to send them
   to the wg (DONE) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: FS to create a wiki on xml:lang. Purpose: to express
   an official position of the i18n core wg (PENDING) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

   AP: summarizes the xml:lang discussion

   <scribe> ACTION: All to have a look at
   [23]http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone until Friday and give
   comments. (DONE) [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action08]

     [23] http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone

   AP: Any new comments?
   ... No new comments; did everybody look at it?

   <scribe> ACTION: AP to bring the wiki
   [25]http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone back to the xquery / xsl
   wg [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action09]

     [25] http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone

Ltli

   AP: we will publish a draft in a few weeks
   ... rfc 3066bis is in last call until Thursday
   ... IETF will take some action after that
   ... FS, did you contact the w3c about this?

   FS: not so far, many groups are in holiday

   AP: We need to get feedback now, before the end of the last call

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to send the current draft to w3c to get
   feedback before the end of last call [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action10]

   AP: will also talk about it at the f2f of the arch domain

IRI

   AP: need to work on that, more formally
   ... need some time to catch up with Martin

XSL comments

   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Aug/0021.
   html

     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Aug/0021.html

   FS: describes the problem of separating language and country

   AP: also scripts are a problem

   FS: Deadline for the comments is the 16th

   AP: I would like to take a look at them

   <scribe> ACTION: To read
   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Aug/0021.
   html and talk about it at the teleconf in two weeks [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action11]

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Aug/0021.html

Next week

   AP: we will have a teleconf

Summary of Action Items

   [DONE] ACTION: All to have a look at
   [31]http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone until Friday and give
   comments. [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: AP to bring the wiki
   [33]http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone back to the xquery / xsl
   wg [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: AP to edit the changes and sent it to FS (until
   Thursday) [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: AP to ping Francois about charmod norm [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to send the current draft to w3c to get feedback
   before the end of last call [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: To read
   [38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Aug/0021.
   html and talk about it at the teleconf in two weeks [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action11]

     [31] http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone
     [33] http://esw.w3.org/topic/i18nFAQTimeZone
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Aug/0021.html

   [PENDING] ACTION: AP to contact Martin about charmod resid [recorded
   in [40]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: FS to create a shell document for LangLoc [recorded
   in [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: FS to create a wiki on xml:lang. Purpose: to express
   an official position of the i18n core wg [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

   [DONE] ACTION: FS to check the public TAG list for comments on
   uri-guidelines [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: FS to clear up XLink 1.1. comments and to send them to
   the wg [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/30-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

   [End of minutes]

     _________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [45]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([46]CVS log)
    $Date: 2005/08/30 15:55:33 $

     [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [46] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 30 August 2005 16:00:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:49 GMT