W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > July to September 2005

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2005-07-12

From: Addison Phillips <addison.phillips@quest.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:12:44 -0700
Message-ID: <634978A7DF025A40BFEF33EB191E13BC0C20DD11@irvmbxw01.quest.com>
To: <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Apologies for not sending this sooner. ~AP


Action Items
FY: CharMod Norm draft
AP: request extension of CSS 2.1 comments (done)
RI: send our UTR#36 comments to list (done)
AP: propose times for joint call with XQuery (done)
AP: send Martin an invitation to XQuery call (done)
FS: deliver editing materials, Jigedit account, to Mary
AP: send Mary link to Winie
AP: send felix the prototype announce email (done)
AP/FS: define location to put things on web site
AP: schedule LTLI calls starting next week every week


#i18n was created on Wed Jul 06 22:41:10 2005.
fsasaki:	zakim, this is i18n
Zakim:	ok, fsasaki; that matches I18N_Core_WG()11:00AM

apphillips:	zakim, who is here?
Zakim:	sees on the phone: apphillips, Moataz, felix, Mary, Richard
Zakim:	sees on irc: Moataz, fsasaki, apphillips, ericP
apphillips:	---

apphillips:	Agenda

apphillips:	felix: CSS 2.1 review extension?
apphillips:	AP: request an extension

apphillips:	---

apphillips:	Action Items

apphillips:	
 FS: ping Michael and Henry directly about anyURI testing (done) 
 AP: add call for editor to home page (redundant) 
 FY: CharMod Norm draft 
 FS: indicate not satisfied on QT bug 1394, suggest joint call (done) 
 AP: note issue details for QT bug 1394 (done) 
 FS: review the charter for binary ("efficient") XML (done) (need to review) 
 ALL: look over FS's email and see if any items missing  
        Cf. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005JulSep/0003.html 
 RI: send our UTR#36 comments in 
 AP: arrange for WS-I18N kickoff call Thursday (done)

apphillips:	richard: check on copying of comments

apphillips:	---

apphillips:	3. QT bug review time and bug 1334 [1] (5 minutes)

apphillips:	> If we are to have a joint call I think the best plan would be to do it 
 > during the XQuery/XSL joint F2F meetings during the period Tue-Thu Jul 
 > 19-21.
 > 
 > We are meeting in the PST timezone.  What day and time of day would be
 > convenient for the I18N WG?
 

apphillips:	propose 9 AM Tuesday, with fallback of 10 AM

fsasaki:	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1334


apphillips:	(MD added some comments)

apphillips:	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005JulSep/0005.html


apphillips:	It would be better to both a) state that the implicit time zone is UTC* and b) allow every comparison operator to specify a time zone that would be used for values without a time zone [allowing control for those who need it] 
  
 * [making the implicit time zone UTC has advantages for wall time to wall time comparisons: these can then be coerced safely. Since UTC does not use DST, the offsets are always the same, and the results of a round trip between the implementation internal representation and the string should be the same as well. In addition]

apphillips:	AP: send martin an invitation

apphillips:	---


apphillips:	4. Charter for Efficient XML comment (5 minutes)

apphillips:	comment at the right time (after AC review)

apphillips:	---


apphillips:	5. CharMod status (5 minutes) 

apphillips:	AP: ping FY

apphillips:	---

apphillips:	6. WS-I18N status (5 minutes)

apphillips:	kitting out the editor

apphillips:	FS: deliver appropriate materials to Mary


apphillips:	FS: get Mary a jigedit account

apphillips:	AP: send link to Winie

apphillips:	http://www.inter-locale.com/whitepaper/ws-i18na.html


apphillips:	---

apphillips:	8. Language Tag and Locale Identifier (LTLI) kickoff (1 hour)

apphillips:	AP: send felix the prototype announce email

apphillips:	AP/FS: define location offline

apphillips:	schedule for post-telecon

apphillips:	start with every week?

fsasaki:	yes

apphillips:	every week for starters

apphillips:	normative reference of language tag types from GEO?

apphillips:	(RI: okay)

apphillips:	put proposals down to look at

r12a:	GEO reference for language declaration distinctions: http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-lang/


r12a:	another source: http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/language-decl/


apphillips:	-----

Zakim:	I18N_Core_WG()11:00AM has ended

Zakim:	Attendees were Moataz, [IBM], Richard, apphillips, felix, Mary

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
http://www.quest.com


Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International


Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture. 

Received on Tuesday, 19 July 2005 14:12:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:49 GMT