W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > January to March 2005

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2005-03-15

From: Addison Phillips <addison.phillips@quest.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:59:06 -0800
Message-ID: <634978A7DF025A40BFEF33EB191E13BC0A9F4C89@irvmbxw01.quest.com>
To: <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Present: Mary, Addison (chair, scribe), Martin, Fran├žois, Richard
Absent: Tex, etc.

ACCUMULATED ACTION ITEMS:
(new items marked with *)

1. RI*: write Bjoern a response to his email in re xml:lang on <html> (was MD's)
2. AP: remind people to get AC Reps to sign them up. (and again...) 
3. AP: Send list of current outstanding reviews
4. AP*: send note to VBWG about lists and repost their response on member list.
5. MD*: send response to VBWG response
6. AP*: send a note to XMLP asking where the official responses on BTIX is and noting that 18 March is probably not a good date.
7. RI*: study XHTML 2.0 comments for any causes of concern
8. FY*: provide CharModNorm draft for review.

NOTE: No CharMod call this week.

IRC LOG:

[13:58] Zakim: I18N_WG(core tf)5:00PM has now started
 [14:02] apphillips: > 1. Action Items (5 minutes) 
 > 2. Announcements (5 minutes) 
 > 3. CharMod Status (5 minutes) 
 > 4. Language Tags/Locale Identifiers status (5 minutes) 
 > 5. WS-International status report (2 minutes) 
 > 6. Binary Content in XML: review their response (10 minutes) 
 
[14:03] apphillips: ---
[14:03] apphillips: > ACTION ITEMS: 
 >  
 > 1. MD: write Bjoern a response to his email in re xml:lang on <html> 
 > 2. RI: give us your slides! (done) 
 > 3. AP: remind people to get AC Reps to sign them up. (and again...) 
 > 4. AP: Send list of current outstanding reviews 
 
[14:03] apphillips: ---

 [14:03] Zakim: +Ishida
[14:04] apphillips: 1. not yet
[14:04] apphillips: 2. done
[14:05] apphillips: 3. in progress
[14:06] apphillips: Max Frou.: check reply from VBWG
[14:06] apphillips: (per MD)
[14:08] MJDuerst: see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2005JanMar/0063.html


[14:09] apphillips: note: cutoff on participation in this working group
[14:09] apphillips: make everyone aware of being cutoff NOW
[14:10] apphillips: ---
[14:11] apphillips: AP: send note to VBWG and repost to member list
[14:11] apphillips: ---
[14:11] apphillips: ANNOUNCEMENTS.
[14:11] apphillips: None
[14:12] apphillips: ---
[14:12] apphillips: CharMod Status
[14:12] apphillips: no progress
[14:12] apphillips: ---
[14:12] apphillips: LTLI status
[14:12] apphillips: ietf WG has started up
[14:14] apphillips: ---
[14:14] apphillips: WS-I18N status
[14:14] apphillips: no progress
[14:14] apphillips: ---
[14:15] apphillips: VBWG response
[14:16] apphillips: martin summarized
[14:19] apphillips: mostly non-i18n issues. Two i18n
[14:19] apphillips: Frist one was address1/address vs. street, etc.
[14:19] apphillips: they rejected.
[14:19] apphillips: second one was referred to VXML2 rather than VXML2.1
[14:22] apphillips: AP: proposed that we push back on both VXML2 and 21.
[14:22] apphillips: FY: they should i18n the example in the reject item
[14:23] apphillips: AP+1
[14:23] apphillips: MD: to write back
[14:24] apphillips: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-voicexml21-20040728/]
[14:28] apphillips: RI: we should make them state that this is a localized example
[14:29] apphillips: (rather than necessarily change the example)
[14:29] apphillips: (since it has other language issues inherent in it)
[14:29] apphillips: FY: country and then city
[14:29] apphillips: that would be i18n
[14:30] apphillips: (don't forget to remind them about the mail list change)
[14:30] apphillips: ---
[14:32] apphillips: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Mar/0002.html


[14:32] apphillips: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/mediatypes/xml-media-t ypes.html


[14:34] apphillips: AP: to send a response asking where the official response is
[14:34] apphillips: noting that the response date of 18 March probably cannot be fulfilled at present
[14:34] apphillips: ---
[14:35] apphillips: QT materials
[14:35] apphillips: (XPath/XQuery/X-cetera)
[14:36] apphillips: MD and FS to start tomorrow
[14:38] apphillips: ---
[14:38] apphillips: XHTML 2.0 response
[14:40] apphillips: RI: ask HTML WG if they want public or member
[14:41] apphillips: NB> we need to start including this in our comments
[14:42] r12a: w3c-html-wg@w3.org
[14:44] apphillips: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/2005JanMar/0134.html

[14:45] apphillips: All: please study
[14:45] apphillips: note: they did accept #14, require xml:lang on <html> element
[14:47] apphillips: RI: respond to Bjoern
[14:47] apphillips: RI: study responses for any causes of concern
[14:48] apphillips: AP: highlight new action items vs. existing ones
[14:48] apphillips: ---
[14:49] apphillips: CharMod call Thursday?
[14:49] apphillips: defer to next week
[14:49] apphillips: ---
[14:49] Zakim: -fyergeau
[14:49] Zakim: -Addison_Phillips
[14:49] Zakim: -Mary;

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
http://www.quest.com


Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International


Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture. 

Received on Tuesday, 15 March 2005 22:59:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:49 GMT