W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > January to March 2005

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2005-03-08

From: Addison Phillips <addison.phillips@quest.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:53:41 -0800
Message-ID: <634978A7DF025A40BFEF33EB191E13BC0A88030F@irvmbxw01.quest.com>
To: "Addison Phillips" <addison.phillips@quest.com>, <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Present: François, Mary, Addison (chair, scribe), Martin
Absent: Tex, Richard

Accumulated Action Items:

MD: write Bjoern a response to his email in re xml:lang on <html>
RI: give us your slides!

ーーー
1. AP: write to SWBPWG about possible new work (done, see [2]) 
2. AP: revise SVG message and look at it again.  (IP) 
3. AP: remind people to get AC Reps to sign them up. (and again...) 
4. AP: Send list of current outstanding reviews 
5. RI: ping GEO about doing some reviews. Possibly the ATAG 2.0 review.  
6. AP: send updated BTIX comments (done, see [4])
[14:10] apphillips: 1 done
[14:10] apphillips: 2. Chris Lilley says they've revised whole doc.
[14:10] apphillips: 3. everybody sign up
[14:11] apphillips: 4. not done
 [14:14] *** MJDuerst has joined #i18n.
[14:14] apphillips: 5. got someone from geo to sign up to do atag

 2. Announcements (5 minutes)
 
[14:15] apphillips: MD: working with RI on IRI testing issues
[14:15] apphillips: some material actually posted
[14:15] apphillips: (some may need to be removed)
[14:16] apphillips: some of the updates based on the bug report on Mozilla
[14:17] apphillips: (query parts)
[14:17] apphillips: -
[14:18] apphillips: 

3. Tech Plenary Follow-Ups (5 minutes, see [3])

http://www.w3.org/International/core/2005/03/TechPlenaryNotes.html


[14:18] apphillips: MD: went to HTML on Friday morning and CSS friday afternoon
[14:21] apphillips: HTML: will send back the comments and then go to last call.
[14:21] apphillips: We will look at them again in LC
[14:21] apphillips: (instead of interrupting their progress)
[14:22] apphillips: xml:lang required on <html> element?
[14:23] apphillips: + comment from Bjoern
[14:24] apphillips: MD: writing the response
[14:24] apphillips: -
[14:25] apphillips: CSS: vertical formatting discuss
[14:25] apphillips: Steve Zillies was there (XSL-FO)
[14:25] apphillips: felt that XSL-FO has it all worked out
[14:26] apphillips: MD: was supportive of having a single solution
[14:26] apphillips: "fantasai"
[14:26] apphillips: ... worked through it all again
[14:29] apphillips: AP: feels that the issues should be enumerated (if they exist) and that problems/comparisons brought together
[14:29] apphillips: otherwise we can't make progress
[14:30] apphillips: no conclusion at present. SZ took action item to write up response to Elike's points
[14:30] apphillips: -
[14:31] apphillips: Richard's lightning talk was excellently delivered and was a knockout.
[14:33] apphillips: was it recorded?
[14:33] apphillips: are the slides available?
[14:33] apphillips: (martin explains why recording is not commonly done)
[14:34] apphillips: ---
[14:35] apphillips: 6. Language Tags/Locale Identifiers status (5 minutes)
[14:35] apphillips: about an hour ago the LTRU charter went out
[14:36] apphillips: ---
[14:36] apphillips: 7. WS-International status report: what Addison learned at lunch (10 minutes)

Addison discussed the internecine battles of the various WS groups. We have a standing invitation to WSCG and Addison will continue to follow up with them on best shape for work to take.
[14:44] apphillips: ---
[14:46] apphillips: QT work upcoming
[14:46] apphillips: reminder to get started

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-i18n-core-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-core-
> request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Addison Phillips
> Sent: lundi 7 mars 2005 11:35
> To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
> Subject: [I18N Core] REMINDER Teleconference is 2005-03-08 TOMORROW
> 
> W3C Internationalization Core Working Group Teleconference
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> Bridge   : +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) with conference code 4186 (spells
> "I18N")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> Day      : Tuesday
> Dates    : 8 March 2005
> Start    :  22:00 GMT ; 17:00 Eastern ; 14:00 Pacific ; 7:00 Asia/Tokyo
> (next day)
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim

> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html

> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> Useful Links:
> Our website     : http://www.w3.org/International/core

> 
> IRC: irc.w3.org channel is "#i18n"
> 
> AGENDA:
> 
> 1. Action Items (5 minutes)
> 2. Announcements (5 minutes)
> 3. Tech Plenary Follow-Ups (5 minutes, see [3])
> 4. Björn's comments on our XHMTL comments (5 minutes) [1]
> 5. CharMod Status (5 minutes)
> 6. Language Tags/Locale Identifiers status (5 minutes)
> 7. WS-International status report: what Addison learned at lunch (10
> minutes)
> 8. Other business
> 
> ACTION ITEMS:
> 
> 1. AP: write to SWBPWG about possible new work (done, see [2])
> 2. AP: revise SVG message and look at it again.  (IP)
> 3. AP: remind people to get AC Reps to sign them up. (and again...)
> 4. AP: Send list of current outstanding reviews
> 5. RI: ping GEO about doing some reviews. Possibly the ATAG 2.0 review.
> 6. AP: send updated BTIX comments (done, see [4])
> 
> The following actions are from the Tech Plenary:
> 
> 1. ATAG 2.0: Deborah of the GEO WG signed up to review this (kudos, thanks)
> 2. DI-DPF. Addison can look at it some. Others??
> 3. FS, MD: excavate our old comments on QT suite, review their issues
> lists, and compile tables as appropriate.
> 4. RI: XSLT 2.0: to look at chapter 16 (numbering stuff)
> 5. MD: write to Bjoern, do some fixing
> 6. AP: Send CSS folks the CLDR and LTag references, time article, etc.
> (done)
> 7. (general): review XSL-FO handling of dates!
> 
> REFERENCES:
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-

> core/2005JanMar/0078.html
> [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-

> core/2005JanMar/0077.html
> [3] http://www.w3.org/International/core/2005/03/TechPlenaryNotes.html

> [4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-

> core/2005JanMar/0071.html
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Addison P. Phillips
> Globalization Architect, Quest Software
> http://www.quest.com

> 
> Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group
> http://www.w3.org/International

> 
> Internationalization is not a feature.
> It is an architecture.


Received on Tuesday, 8 March 2005 22:54:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:49 GMT