W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > January to March 2005

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2005-02-08

From: Addison Phillips [wM] <aphillips@webmethods.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:12:23 -0800
To: <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Message-ID: <PNEHIBAMBMLHDMJDDFLHEECAJDAA.aphillips@webmethods.com>

Attendees: Addison (chair, scribe), Richard, Martin, Fran├žois, Tex, Mary
Regrets: none

Action Items:

AP: follow up on possibility of a phone for Tech Plenary  (write to adminreq)
AP: follow up with Jeremy  
AP: revise SVG message and look at it again.  
AP: Update Radar Chart  (done 050209) 
AP: Send list of current outstanding reviews   (done 050209) 
(someone): bring a microphone so we can use Skype as a backup for TechPlenary
AP: remind people to get AC Reps to sign them up. 

Session Start (irc.w3.org:#i18n): Tue Feb 08 14:05:06 2005

AGENDA:
<apphillips> 1. Action Items (5 minutes)    
<apphillips> 2. Announcements (5 minutes)    
<apphillips>    - email lists, minutes format 
<apphillips> 3. Locale and Language Identifiers-- more getting started (15 minutes)       
<apphillips> 4. Status Report: CharMod (5 minutes)   
<apphillips> 5. Other (TBD)  

ACTION REVIEW:
<apphillips>  AP: follow up on possibility of a phone for Tech Plenary  
<apphillips>  AP: follow up with Jeremy  
<apphillips>  AP: ping CSS and HTML for shared time at Tech Plen  
<apphillips>  AP: revise SVG message and look at it again.  
<apphillips> <apphillips> AP: Update Radar Chart  (not done) 
<apphillips> <apphillips> AP: Send list of current outstanding reviews   (not done) 
<apphillips> <apphillips> MD: talk to Masayasu about his comment   
<apphillips> (last first). close this. check bidi section again later? 
<apphillips> email to CSS/HTML sent 
<apphillips> Bjoern sent notes. 
<apphillips> need to clarify if XHTML works without CSS...? 
<apphillips> <q> element may be similar to things like bidi... 
<apphillips> either spec says what the default looks like or it says where to find the default in CSS... 
<apphillips> ... but either way it should be coverted. 
<apphillips> WCAG? 
<apphillips> --- 

ANNOUNCEMENTS

<apphillips> FY: started on CharModNorm v2 drafting 
<apphillips> (very painful) 
<apphillips> --- 
<apphillips> discussion of minutes subject in archive 
<apphillips> MD: will add more links to old minutes if time found 
<apphillips> RI: might not be needed 
---
<apphillips> MD: working on Internet-Draft 
<apphillips> mailto: (i18n scheme) 
---
<apphillips> MD: the Paypal flap: the use of IDNs that contain homographs
<apphillips> such as ( &#1062; )
<apphillips> should we say something? 
<apphillips> what to say? 
<apphillips> TT: point to Unicode draft UTR 
<apphillips> write some FAQ-like text 
<apphillips> GEO publish something (for us?) 
<apphillips> coordinate with comm team 
<r12a> paypa1
<apphillips> ?????? 
<apphillips> U+0440 U+0430 U+0443 U+0440 U+0430 U+04C0 

Resolved: we should *quickly* do something with the comm team about this.
---
<apphillips> (Yahoo is now a member.... Yahoo!) 
<apphillips> AP: remind people to get AC Reps to sign them up. 
<apphillips> MD:  may become a co-chair of LTRU 
<apphillips> --- 
<apphillips> Locale and Language Identifiers 
(discussion of the status of RFC 3066bis and the founding of LTRU at IETF, what this means to the core WG, and when we can start work. Generally work on this cannot begin until the status of the LTRU is settled at IETF)
<apphillips> --- 
<apphillips> CharMod Status? 
<apphillips> a little tweak on behalf of Bjoern's comment? 
<apphillips> not much work that remains. 
<apphillips> save for thursday? 
<apphillips> craft a response thursday 
<apphillips> --- 

<Zakim> I18N_WG(core tf)5:00PM has ended
<Zakim> Attendees were Martin, [IPcaller], fyergeau, Ishida, Prasad_Yendluri, apphillips, Tex_Texin, [IBM]
*** Signoff: r12a (Quit: r12a)
Session Close (#i18n): Tue Feb 08 15:20:26 2005

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com

Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

Internationalization is an architecture. 
It is not a feature.
Received on Wednesday, 9 February 2005 18:14:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:49 GMT