W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > January to March 2005

[CharMod] Teleconference Notes: 2005-01-27

From: Addison Phillips [wM] <aphillips@webmethods.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:15:14 -0800
To: <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, <member-i18n-core@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org>
Message-ID: <PNEHIBAMBMLHDMJDDFLHAECGJCAA.aphillips@webmethods.com>

Present: Fran├žois, Richard, Martin, Addison (chair, scribe)
Regrets: Tex

ACTIONS:
1. Martin: Prepare list of comments for CharModFun by next meeting.
2. AP: Create a "testplan" page with a list of things for each "dimension" 

NOTES FROM CHAIR:
Private items or things that should be removed from IRC log and these telecon notes should use the /me command. I remove all such unless otherwise noted during meeting.
<apphillips> as in: 
* apphillips thinks this shouldn't be in the minutes

<Zakim> ok, apphillips; I see I18N_WG(char_mod)5:00PM scheduled to start now
* apphillips zakim, who is here?
* Zakim sees on the phone: apphillips, fyergeau, Ishida
* Zakim sees on irc: r12a, MJDuerst, fyergeau, Zakim, apphillips
<Zakim> +Martin
<apphillips> 1. Status 
<apphillips> (CharModFun) 
<apphillips> Finding out about date changes.
<apphillips> Need list of comments from Martin
<apphillips> Action: MD: to finish list of comments by next meeting (hopes so) 
<apphillips> --- 
<apphillips> CharModResId has met one of the criteria: RFC 3987 is published 
<apphillips> Need to modify the document to normatively reference 
<apphillips> still need the test suite 
<apphillips> -- 

(removed discussion of meeting notes format)

<apphillips> --- 
<apphillips> CharModResid 

<apphillips> RI: how is test suite coming? 
<apphillips> MD: no progress currently 
<apphillips> AP: are there requirements? (MD: yes, in the status section) 
<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/#iri
<apphillips> AP: what form do the tests take? (technology choices) 
<apphillips> MD: some things are testable, but some are kind of not testable 
<apphillips> one-box vs. two-box tests 
<apphillips> perl scripts 
<apphillips> coverage gaps: 
<apphillips> HTML file that references a CSS 
<apphillips> (with two CSS files with differing results for each CSS and for *no* CSS) 
<apphillips> RI: do we have a list of the tests? 
<apphillips> MD: don't need to do it for every element/technology 
<apphillips> one test we need is : HTML/XHTML and links 
<apphillips> link element 
<apphillips> XML and external references 
<apphillips> AP: need a list of what we're doing 
<apphillips> AP: can we make a list to form a plan? 
<apphillips> MD: status contains dimensions 
<apphillips> a) use of IRIs in several document formats; b) use of IRIs in several locations in the same document format; c) use of non-ASCII characters in different parts of an IRI (e.g. domain name part, path part); d) use of IRIs in documents with various widely used character encodings and with characters from various scripts; e) use of document-specific escapes in IRIs; f) use of IRIs with various URI schemes; g) setup of various servers for IRIs; h) the translation of IRIs into URIs. 
<apphillips> Discussion to take place on IRI list. To subscribe:
<MJDuerst> mailto:public-iri-request@w3.org?subject=subscribe

<apphillips> AP: Action: create a "testplan" page with a list of things for each "dimension" 
<apphillips> place under International/iri-edit 
Martin to put a link to it on the IRI-Edit home page.


Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com

Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

Internationalization is an architecture. 
It is not a feature.
Received on Thursday, 27 January 2005 23:17:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:49 GMT