Re: Measuring "ideographic character face" and commonest characters

From: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 00:02:05 -0400
To: Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, CJK discussion <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
> Higher complexity doesn't mean higher rarity. As an example, on
> http://kanjicards.org/kanji-list-by-freq.html, 園 is listed as more frequent
> than 因, which is more frequent than 困. Same again at

I would say these are rougly equally frequent.

> http://jon-fu.net/jjj/kanji-by-frequency.pdf. But 園 doesn't seem to be very
> frequent in simplified Chinese.

That's because the character 園 has been simplified, to 园 I believe
(but I can be wrong). I wouldn't actually expect it to appear in
simplified Chinese texts at all.

--
Ambrose Li // http://o.gniw.ca / http://gniw.ca
If you saw this on CE-L: You do not need my permission to quote