Re: [css-text] word-break for Korean

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 4:23 AM Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:

> Shezan, do you have additional information as to why Bloomberg picked this
> line breaking mode for Korean over the one you get with word-break: normal?

I believe the reasons are mostly historical.  The native rendering toolkit
we've used for many years did it this way, so it was desirable to preserve
that look and feel.

Upon consulting some Korean-speaking colleagues, there seems to be
difference of opinion on which mode is "more correct", but the general
consensus seems to be that both modes are "acceptable".