Re: [css-text][css-writing-modes] Line breaking around Emoji, Gaiji, U+FFFC, and text-combine-horizontal

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:36 AM, Henrik Andersson
<henke@henke37.cjb.net> wrote:
> Koji Ishii skrev:
>
> I vote "pass the bucket". "Can" does not mean "should" or "must". Let a
> higher level line breaking deal with it.

I was ambiguous, "Can break" here means that it's a break opportunity,
and therefore lines break if Emoji is at the end of line but no
otherwise.

It's a MUST to break before and after Emoji (and any other replaced
elements) from the spec perspective.

One idea that came up in my mind is to add the "line-break-string"
property, that can set a string to use to determine line-breaking and
justification opportunity purposes.

What do you think?

/koji