[HTML5 Ruby] A typo and a question for Tag omission rules

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 20:06:48 +0000
To: "public-i18n-cjk@w3.org" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Hi,

A typo is in the “Tag omission in text/html” section of the <rp> element[1]:
> An rb element's end tag may be omitted if the rb element is immediately followed
> by an rb, rt, rtc or rp element, or if there is no more content in the parent element.
The first two “rb” are typo, should be “rp”. Note that 8.1.2.4 Optional tags section[2] looks ok.

A question is about the “Tag omission in text/html” section of the <rt> element[3]. While rb, rtc, and rp elements auto-closes with rb, rt, rtc, or rp, only rt does not auto-close with rtc. Is this intentional? I can’t find good reasons not to auto-close rt with rtc.

Double-sided ruby examples in the spec looks like expecting rt to auto-close with rtc, so I wonder this may also be a typo?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-rp-element
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/syntax.html#syntax-tag-omission
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-rt-element

/koji