[HTML5 Ruby] 2+ ruby annotation containers at commiting a ruby segment.

From: kawabata taichi <kawabata.taichi@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:12:04 +0900
To: CJK discussion <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Dear HTML5 editors,

May I ask about the statement in HTML5 Ruby processing algorithm?

In Step 5 of [1], the statement says:

> Create a new ruby segment. It is described by a list of bases set to
> current bases, a base DOM range set to current bases range, and a
> first and second ruby annotation containers that are respectively the
> first and second items of the current annotation containers list.
> Append this new ruby segment at the end of ruby segments.

This states that only "a first and second ruby annotations" are put
to current annotation containers list. However, I think this
restriction is reminiscent of old restriction that ruby annotation
container is limited to two. As there is no longer a restriction on
number of ruby containers in a single ruby segment, I think this
"first and second" restriction should be removed.

[1] ...
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/CR/text-level-semantics.html#commit-a-ruby-segment

Regards,

KAWABATA, Taichi E-mail: kawabata.taichi@gmail.com