Re: Bopomofo Ruby layout hack

Dear Bobby,

>> In <1AC0EE7B-7E2D-4B2C-A7B4-174498DA783B@wanderer.tw>,
>> Bobby Tung wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'd like to introduce some Bopomofo Ruby layout hack here.

> http://css.hanzi.co/demo/ruby.html#zhuyin_fuhao-zhipai

> Ethan made this layout hack and applied on a open dictionary project
> "Moedict" "Moedict" is an open data project in Taiwan. Get mandarin
> dictionary data from Ministry of Education Taiwan, and add several
> features.

> https://www.moedict.tw/

> Data itself could be useful for semantic web, and it used double side ruby to show both Bopomofo and pinyin.
> Ethan may have some thinking about the mark-up, he may reply the thread to describe technical details.

It is quite interesting.

In the newest HTML5 Ruby Extension Spec
(http://darobin.github.io/html-ruby/), there is no longer "rbc" element
and "rbspan" attribute.

As of it, to cope with current HTML5 ruby, your usage of

<ruby>
 <rbc>
  <rb>你</rb>
 </rbc>
 <rtc class="zhuyin">
  <rt>ㄌㄧˋ</rt>
  <rt>ㄍㆰˋ</rt>
  <rt>ㄨ˫</rt>
  <rt>ㄊㄧㆩ</rt>
  <rt>ㄉㄧㄜㆷ̍</rt>
 </rtc>
 <rtc class="romanization">
  <rt>Lí</rt>
  <rt rbspan="2">kám-ū</rt>
  <rt rbspan="2">thiann-tio̍h</rt>
 </rtc>
</ruby>

should be split to multiple ruby such as ::

<ruby>
  <rb>你</rb>
</ruby>
<ruby>
</ruby>
<ruby>
</ruby>

If that would cause some problem, then you should clarify how such
problem may be caused by the use-case.

Regards,

  川幡 太一  (kawabata.taichi@gmail.com)       KAWABATA, Taichi