Re: Comments about Hangul Text FPWD

Further comments…

Fig. 32 has a spelling error for the word "quotation", and inconsistencies between
"and" and "&", would be nice to unify to one or the other.

4.4.2 Fig. 38 is a bit unclear. It says "character based" breaking, but it seems to
retain the words while "word based" breaking breaks the word. Details would be
appreciated - and maybe aligning the terms with what the CSS text module spec
uses could be useful for implementors using this as a reference?

4.1.2 Fig. 20 need clarification on what should happen when Latin characters
appear in the same writing context as the two numbers being grouped, and a example
of how to deal with cases where there is a need to display numbers that have more
than two digits.

4.3.1 defines the punctuation mark for end of sentence has U+3002, but the
example figure immediately following that (Fig. 31, Fig. 33) is using what seems
like U+002E or U+FF0E which contradicts to what is being specified.

A lot of the special character references are lacking unicode identifiers, making
them very difficult for implementors to use the document as a reference. One
example is 4.3.6 - 1, where "em dashes" and "horizontal bars" are defined which
look visually identical on certain fonts (i.e. Mac OS X's default font), but are of
different unicode values. (U+2014 vs U+2015)

Hope this helps.

--
Sangwhan Moon

P.S. Any possibility to use Bugzilla instead of Tracker for tracking issues?
It's a bit more friendlier for non-members (I am of a affiliate, but my comments
regarding this document has nothing to do with my employer hence I use my
personal account)