Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative?

From: koba <koba@antenna.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:56:36 +0900
To: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "public-i18n-cjk@w3.org" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
> Saying "hard to understand" is subjective, so not everyone may agree. If you change "speculation" to "subjective," it's more understandable. But when a good number of people say "hard to understand for me," even if it's subjective and even if it's not hard to understand for you, shouldn't we take them into account?

When I first read XSL-FO spec, it was difficult to undertand
before/after for me too. But the difficulty was caused by
the concept of logical direction but not by terminology.

You had better to analyse why people says "hard to understand".
IMO, a change of terminology will not make the issue easy.

Regards,

Tokushige Kobayashi
--
koba <koba@antenna.co.jp>