[jlreq] Quarter Millimeter

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:42:00 +0100
To: public-i18n-cjk@w3.org
I’ve read several times that in Japanese typography it is or, at least, was quite common to employ a unit of 0.25 mm, i.e. a quarter millimeter, called ‘q’, (transcribed) キュ or (retranscribed) ‘kyu’, where Western typesetters would use one of the many ‘point’ units. It isn’t mentioned in JLREQ, however.

Should it be included here and therefore possibly get considered for CSS Values and Units?

Disclaimer: I unsuccessfully proposed its inclusion in CSS several years ago.