Re: Names for line-wrapping rules in CJK

From: Vincent Shen <shen@cse.ust.hk>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 15:32:18 +0800
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kennyluck@w3.org>
Cc: "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>, "CJK discussion" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Can we access the rules that Microsoft Word uses for line breaks?
They seem satisfactory for most Chinese documents. They do not
break right before a punctuation mark.

The Chinese term (word) normally has two or three characters,
sometimes even four. It looks odd if a term is broken. But unless
some parsing is done, one cannot tell the term boundaries.

-Vincent