Re: [css3-lists] CJK numbering algorithms

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp> wrote:

> > I've made the change and rearranged the sections accordingly.  Can
> > everyone check out
> > <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-lists/#cjk-counter-styles> and make sure
> > I haven't done anything dumb?

 "korean-hangul-formal" can be added with the same set of markers and digits
as korean-hangul-informal. The only difference would be the way digit 1 is
dropped/kept. korean-hangul-informal wil drop '1' while korean-hangul-formal
keeps '1'.

As for digit 0 in korean-hanja-informal, I think U+3007 is better (sorry I
forgot to mention it earlier). For korean-hanja-formal, U+96F6 is still
good.

For korean-hangul-{formal,informal},  I'm not sure whether U+3001
(Ideographic comma) is a good choice or not. Perhaps, I have to try
Korean-made word processors and see what they do.

And, there's one more type to add that I forgot to mention when I gave a
feedback about cjk list types. That corresponds to spell-out-native
at

http://www.unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/common/rbnf/ko.xml

As a list type, perhaps, it's better to restrict it to [1, 99]. Following
the naming scheme used for other types, I'd call it 'korean-hangul-native'.
I'll get back to you with an algorithm.

Jungshik