Re: Thoughts on ruby

On 09/24/2010 06:26 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:

> writing an HTML5 bug report to propose that.) It needs to be made clear,
> however, that it is possible to wrap a line at the boundary of ruby pairs,
> ie. after<rt>  elements, but not anywhere else.  Otherwise, you'll get a
> mess.

I'll just note, that it should only be allowed to break between ruby
pairs if a line break is allowed between those ruby bases. For example,
if I put a gloss over "butterfly"
that should not be allowed to break because "butterfly" is not allowed
to break. But if I put a mono gloss over "蝴碟", then it is allowed to
break, because "蝴碟" is allowed to break.

Other than that, the rest of your email totally makes sense.

~fantasai