Re: Thoughts on ruby

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:56:45 -0700
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
CC: public-i18n-cjk@w3.org, eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp
On 09/24/2010 06:26 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:

> writing an HTML5 bug report to propose that.) It needs to be made clear,
> however, that it is possible to wrap a line at the boundary of ruby pairs,
> ie. after<rt>  elements, but not anywhere else.  Otherwise, you'll get a
> mess.

I'll just note, that it should only be allowed to break between ruby
pairs if a line break is allowed between those ruby bases. For example,
if I put a gloss over "butterfly"
that should not be allowed to break because "butterfly" is not allowed
to break. But if I put a mono gloss over "蝴碟", then it is allowed to
break, because "蝴碟" is allowed to break.

Other than that, the rest of your email totally makes sense.

~fantasai