Re: Bidi in JSON notes

In that case, why not do definition at the level of the Unicode bidi
algorithm itself? That way any UTF8 stream could carry with it the
necessary meta data. I still fail to see what this has to do with the
serialization format JSON.

So again, what exactly is missing that cannot be expressed by UAX9? The
ability to explicitly set the paragraph direction? If so, perhaps
characters RLP, LRP, and FSP (current default) should be introduced. Of
course their influence on the rendering will be no different than by
placing a RLM and and LRM in the begging of the pargraph, but they may be
treated differently e.g. if doing cut and paste from the middle of a
paragraph with an explicitly set direction.

Regards,
Dov