Re: Proposal for new direction attribute

Hi Amir

On 26 February 2013 02:53, Amir E. Aharoni <amir.aharoni@mail.huji.ac.il>wrote:

> Of course. My proposal is about setting default direction according to
> language, and only when a language was specified. It is not about
> setting direction exclusively according to language.

I still think that any attempt to set default direction based on language
will create an undue burden on web developers.

Only a small number of languages would benefit, and web developers would
have to keep track of which browsers automatically supported which
languages.

Templates would need to be able to provide different structural markup for
different languages and different web browsers for consistency across
language

Or alternatively web developers do not rely on language for direction, in
which case web browser automatically setting direction based on language is
a waste of developemnt effort for little or no gain.

--
Andrew Cunningham
Senior Project Manager, Research and Development

Ph: +61-3-8664-7430
Mobile:
Email: a <andrewc@vicnet.net.au>cunningham@slv.vic.gov.au

http://www.openroad.net.au/