Re: [css3-images] rtl/ltr annotation

(Cc+ public-i18n-bidi)

(12/03/22 11:47), fantasai wrote:
> Hi Kenny,
> The CSSWG resolved today to defer the rtl/ltr image annotations to Level 4
> so that we can address your comment.
>
> This issue is currently filed as Last Call comment 37:
>   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/issues-lc-2012#issue-37
>
> And I've now refiled it as ISSUE-232 against CSS4 Images:
>   https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/232

That's fine by me, although I have to say I feel somewhat guilty as I
didn't expect that my casual comment on a feature I am not likely to use
throughout my life would lead to this result. May I ask you to keep this
feature in the CSS4 Images draft so that the bidi community can point
the relevant part to implementers if they are interested in implementing
this experimentally?

Hello public-i18n-bidi folks,

If you feel like you want to keep this feature in CSS3, I think you
should say so. I am certainly not opposed to having the syntax as it is
in CSS3.

In any case, the feature is still in the old draft[1] and I don't think
it is too harmful if browsers prototype this feature with it (with
vendor prefixed 'ltr/rtl' maybe?) .

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-css3-images-20111206/#image-notation

Cheers,
Kenny