Re: Implementation status of "Additional Requirements for Bidi in HTML" ("dir" & "directory")

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 4:55 AM, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin
<aharon@google.com>wrote:

> > input-direction seems like a good choice
>
> What does the "input" part of the attribute add? The element is already
> called an input. And I don't think that there is any hint either of what the
> effect of this attribute or what its value might be.
>
> That is why I am thinking more along the lines of adddirection.

Hmm, I'm not sure I follow your reasoning.  adddirection to me is as strange
as input-direction is to you, I think.  What are we adding the direction to?

The reason that I suggested input-direction was to suggest the attribute
reflecting the direction of user's input, I wasn't trying to connect it to
the input element, but I can see how people might get confused by this.

I'm not sure I have a better suggestion, but then again, I'm not very good
with picking names!

> > if we're going to use a different name. I'm not yet convinced that we
> should, though.
>
> Different than what?

"dir", I meant.

Ehsan