Re: Implementation status of "Additional Requirements for Bidi in HTML" ("dir" & "directory")

True, but as witnessed by the HTML WG's reaction, that does not seem to be a
strong-enough reason. Also, I do not want it for a different reason: it
makes for too strong a connection to the dir attribute and its set of
values, which includes "auto". This feature, on the other hand, is supposed
to collapse "auto" to the actual direction.

Aharon