Re: per-paragraph auto-direction, a.k.a. dir=uba

From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad.esfahbod@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:05:45 -0400

On 09/27/10 12:58, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin wrote:
>> Would you want to sum it up and post there?
>Would have done, except that I'm myself behind on the discussion and
> rather
> confused.  I'd be happy to post if someone summarizes the open question
> (s).
> behdad

Sorry -- this is way after this post was written, and I am not 100% sure what is supposed to be summarized. (I missed two days of this discussion because I had no charge for my laptop battery; I am still out in the 'boonies' as we call it here most of the time too as that seems to help me now).

Later this week I'll try to go through what has been posted to this list on Arabic and Farsi numbers.  I can try to summarize it (hope I get it all right) -- if you are still interested in a summary for any reason, but I think that Aharon, Matitiahu, Najib, and Adil are the experts on Arabic numbers -- certainly not myself as I do not print business cards (I have seen different Arabic phone numbers on stationary; and have written dates; that's it) in Arabic or do math in Arabic either.

Best,

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com