Re: The elements to which unicode-bidi:isolate applies

On 09/27/2010 04:14 AM, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin wrote:
> The spec says "uninterrupted by a forced (bidi class B) line break or
> block boundary".
>
> According to the proposal (sections 3.1 and 3.3), <br> (by default) and
> breaks and block boundaries.
>
> But unicode-bidi:isolate says that when it's applied to an element, it
> acts as U+FFFC, an ON in its surrounding paragraph. So, is <br ubi> or a
> an ON. However, during the f2f, we explicitly said ubi does not have any
> effect on non-inline elements.

Hm, I guess for <br ubi> it would mean it is treated as U+FFFC.
This probably makes sense, if ubi were allowed on that element.

But <div ubi/> is a block element; it creates block boundaries
before and after it, and so it is treated as a hard bidi paragraph
break.

~fantasai