Re: per-paragraph auto-direction, a.k.a. dir=uba

From: Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin <aharon@google.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:27:57 +0200
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: Amit Aronovitch <aronovitch@gmail.com>, CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>, public-i18n-bidi@w3.org
That means not only foregoing treating numbers as LTR but also foregoing
ignoring the pieces bracketed by LRE|RLE|LRO|RLO and PDF. Thus, "[LRE]mamma
mia![PDF] HAS LOTS OF SONGS" will be considered LTR and displayed as "mamma
mia! SGNOS FO STOL SAH". I think that both of the "improvements" are indeed
improvements, and we will be giving them just to fit in better with the
plaintext feature, which has so many problems that I have a hard time
believing it will get anywhere.

Speaking of which - where do we stand on the issues in the
unicode-bidi:plaintext spec (alignment and dealing with inline elements)?

Aharon