Re: HTML attribute with no value

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 10:11 PM, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin
<aharon@google.com> wrote:
> Thanks, that's very helpful! It explains why we need the empty string value.
> The question then is whether the non-empty true value really needs to be
> "ubi" or can be "on", and we should indeed raise it in the HTML5 bug. The
> reason we want it at all is XHTML, where valueless attributes are not
> allowed. Even there, though, it could be given as ubi="", but obviously
> ubi="on" is a lot clearer.

I believe I suggested ubi=ubi to match with common practice in HTML,
where, for legacy reasons, all the boolean attributes inherited from
HTML4 accept their name as an 'on' value, and for consistency all the
new boolean attributes do the same.

~TJ