Re: per-paragraph auto-direction, a.k.a. dir=uba

> Browsers have to deal with incremental rendering,
> meaning that they start rendering a document before it has completely
> loaded. It does not make sense for bidi resolution of a block of text
> to change if an element happens to load in later.

On the face of it, this seems to make any kind of dir=auto (not just uba)
difficult, since the first few descendant nodes received may not contain
decisive content.

So, do we have to get rid of dir=auto or uba completely?

And if not, should we resurrect uba for elements with no child elements, not
just <textarea>?

Aharon