RE: titledir

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:40:30 -0400
To: <ehsan@mozilla.com>, <public-i18n-bidi@w3.org>

> From: ehsan@mozilla.com
> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 18:16:22 -0400
> Subject: Re: titledir
> To: cewcathar@hotmail.com
> CC: aharon@google.com; public-i18n-bidi@w3.org
>
> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 6:05 PM, CE Whitehead wrote:
>> I agree on this that the alt directionality should be more controllable.
>
> Do you mean that the dir attribute on img elements is not sufficient?
>
> Ehsan

Hi, Ehsan, all

At the present, the only browser I can test how alt text for an image displays is ie8
In IE8 the directionality of text is picked up regardless of img directionality.
But in the case of a url being in the alt attribute, perhaps someone would want the URL to display rtl when the image was designed for an ltr page (or vice versa).
This however is not my original idea; it is Aharon's -- so we can wait for his reply.
Best,
C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com