Re: per-paragraph auto-direction, a.k.a. dir=uba

Yet another possibility is to forego <plaintext>, but specify that dir=uba
only works in the per-paragraph mode when the element does not have any
children that are elements (i.e. it congtains no mark-up). Otherwise, it
falls back to first-strong (i.e. gives all its UBA paragraphs the same
direction). I am pretty sure that this would be quite simple to implement,
but have no idea if such a definition would fly in a spec.

BTW, script can display some plain text in a <pre> (with or without dir=uba)
using the textContent property (except in IE, where one has to use
innerText...).

Aharon