Re: FPWD of Additional Requirements for Bidi in HTML (rename BDI by SCE)

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:59:18 -0400
To: <public-i18n-bidi@w3.org>

Hi!

From: Najib Tounsi <ntounsi@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:33:38 +0000
CC: public-html@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org, public-i18n-bidi@w3.org

> Dear all,

>As mentioned in the last i18n teleconf, I suggest to rename the 'bdi'
(Bidi Isolation) attribute by 'sce' (Self Containing Entity). Or
something like.

 bdi is more understandable than sce for me at least (I am new to this discussion and that's why perhaps).  Does using bdi cause confusion with other uses of bdi?  But Najib is right, we need more details to understand this term:  bdi-iso maybe?  or something?  (I'm just throwing out possibilities; I've never heard of 'sce' and everyone who is familiar with the bi-directional algorithm has heard of bdi.)

Best,

C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com