Re: [CSS21] bidi, text-align, and list markers

Brad Kemper wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2010, at 4:00 AM, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin wrote:

>> In the other browsers, the bullet on the RTL item disappears somehow.
>
> In Webkits snippet editor, I can scroll to the right to see it.

The list markers (bullets) in with rtl on the LI do not disappear.
They sit in a region outside the 'containing block' [1] (or 'initial
containing block' if the LI have auto width and spans the full
viewport) and a region where the *whole block formatting breaks down*.
Something like this which shows overlapping.

<http://css-class.com/test/css/viseffects/overflow4.htm>

If you were to float a UL or OL to the left with rtl LI (or the right
for ltr LI), then the content following these floats would be covered
by the list markers.

The following test case shows what happens for all browsers with list
markers (bullets) in with rtl where they are in a clearly defined
'containing block'.

<http://css-class.com/test/css/bidi/list-marker-rtl2.htm>

1. <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#containing-block-details>

--