RE: Directionality of alt attribute ([html-bidi] Feedback on Additional Requirements for Bidi in HTML)

Hi!
From: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:48:10 -0400
To: public-i18n-bidi@w3.org

> This mail had bounced...

> What I actually mean is that setting the direction for img elements
> doesn't actually have any effect on how the image is displayed or
> layed out, so the img's direction can be "hijacked" to only affect the
> directionality of the alt text.
Thanks for your information on this.
So you are saying that no additional directionality attribute is needed for the alt attribute?

(One note though:  it may be clearer to content authors to have a directionality on the alt attribute rahter than only the img directionality attribute.)

Best,

C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com