Re: Kitâb Al-Fihrist, by Muḥammad ibn Isḥāq Ibn al-Nadīm

Hello Behnam, others,

On 2015/12/15 16:24, Behnam Esfahbod wrote:

> Found this book while studying the history of Hindu-Arabic numerals and
> found some interesting features in the book in terms of layout. Regarding
> the content, it's in Arabic and comes with German notes, none of which I'm
> familiar enough.

We have enough Arabic experts in this group. As for German, always feel
free to contact me if you have some question.

> But here are a few parts I found interesting:

> And, listing LAM+ALEF "ligature" as a "letter" of the script. [p358]

I'd guess that's just okay from a historical point of view, but given
how Unicode deals with LAM+ALEF, it's much better to call it a ligature
in our context.

Regards,   Martin.